This Labor day 2015, the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) holds a labor day job fair nationwide. There will be thousand of jab vacancy slots for nurses overseas. DOLE sighted staff nurse as one of the top ten occupation for overseas employment.
Top ten occupations for overseas employment
- (1) construction worker with 11,575 vacancies;
- (2) office staff, 4,031 vacancies;
- (3) professional nurse, 3,024 vacancies;
- (4) domestic helper, 2,414 vacancies;
- (5) medical staff, 1,899 vacancies;
- (6) hotel and restaurant crew, 1,610 vacancies;
- (7) office administrator, 1,500 vacancies;
- (8) laborer, 1,357 vacancies;
- (9) welder, 1,000 vacancies;
- and (10) staff nurse, 964 vacancies.
Most of this opportunities are from the Middle East including Dubai, KSA, and Qatar. DOLE’s Labor day job fair will happen nationwide.
- For the DOLE-National Capital Region, its Labor Day job fair will be held at the Forum 1 and 2 of the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC), Pasay City.
- For DOLE-CAR, the Labor Day job and livelihood fair will be held at the Baguio Convention Center, Baguio City
- DOLE-Region 1 will conduct its two job and livelihood fairs at the SM City Rosales, Pangasinan and at the Robinsons Place in San Nicolas, Ilocos Norte.
- DOLE-Region 2 will hold its two job and livelihood fairs on SM City Cauayan and Robinson’s Mall Santiago City
- For DOLE-Region 3, its 12 Labor Day job and livelihood fairs will be held at the following venues: Puregold N. E. Baler, Suklayin, Aurora; SM City Baliuag, DRT Highway, Pagala, Baliuag, Bulacan; SM City Marilao, McArthur Highway, Pagala, Marilao, Bulacan; Freedom Park, Burgos Street, Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija; SM Mega Center The Mall, San Roque Melencio, Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija; SM City Clark, Clarkfield, Pampanga; SM City Downtown, City of San Fernando, Pampanga; SM City Pampanga, City of San Fernando, Pampanga; SM City, Tarlac, Tarlac; Masinloc Gymnasium, Masinloc, Zambales; and SM City Olongapo, Olongapo City. A post-labor day job fair at the main campus of the Bataan Polytechnic State University Main Campus, Balanga City, will be held on 6 May.
- In Region 4-A, a total of 15 job and livelihood fairs will be held at the following venues: SM Rosario, Rosario, Cavite; SM Bacoor, Bacoor, Cavite; SM Molino, Molino, Cavite, SM Dasmariñas, Dasmariñas, Cavite; The District Mall, Imus, Cavite; Savemore Sta. Rosa, Sta. Rosa, Laguna; SM Calamba, Calamba, Laguna; SM San Pablo, San Pablo, Laguna; SM Lipa, Lipa City, Batangas; SM Batangas, Batangas, Batangas City Sports Coliseum; SM Lucena, Lucena, Quezon; SM City Masinag, Antipolo City, Rizal; SM City Taytay, Taytay, Rizal; and SM Center Angono, Angono, Rizal. There will be a total of 128 employers joining the job fair—all local.
- In Region 4-B, two job and livelihood fairs will be held at the Pinamalayan Gymnasium. Pinamalayan. Oriental Mindoro, and Robinson’s Place Palawan, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan.
- DOLE-Region 5 will conduct its job and livelihood fair at SM City Naga
- In Region 6, jobseekers may seek employment opportunities in the following venues: SM City Iloilo, Manduriao, Iloilo City; Amigo Plaza Mall, Iloilo City; and at the Main Atrium, North Wing, SM City Bacolod, Bacolod City
- In Region 7, six job and livelihood fairs will be held at the Cebu City Sports Complex, Cebu City; SM Cebu City; SM Consolacion; Cebu Provincial Capitol; Lapu-lapu City, and Robinson’s Place, Dumaguete City.
- In Region 8, job and livelihood fairs will be held at the Tacloban City Convention Center and Ormoc City Hall, Ormoc City
- In Region 9, job and livelihood fairs will be held at the Zamboanga Del Norte City Gymnasium in Dapitan; and at the Zamboanga Economic Freeport Authority in Talisayan, Zamboanga City.
- In Region 10, a job and livelihood fair will be held at the SM City, Cagayan De Oro City
- In DOLE-Region 11, four job and livelihood fairs will be conducted at the Gaisano Mall of Davao City; Gaisano Mall of Tagum City; SM City Davao-Ecoland; and Darong Barangay Gym, Sta. Cruz, Davao Del Sur.
- In Region 12, a job and livelihood fair will be held at the Gensan KCC Mall
- In Caraga, a job and livelihood fair will be held at the Almont Inland Resort on J.C. Aquino Avenue, Butuan City