The #HALALAN2013 has just started. Politicians and soon to be candidates for 2013 Philippine Election has already started to submit their Certificates of Candidacy to the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) yesterday, October 1st. As a Filipino Nurse and/or a Filipino citizen, we must be knowledgeable of whom to elect this 2013 Philippine Election especially today’s exploitation of nurses.
Did you know that the only day when Filipinos, poor and/or rich, are said to be equal is during the election day? It’s because during election, every vote is counted as only one. Never miss out the opportunity to vote. It is your right to vote and to choose the right person to serve the Filipino people.
How to register?
- Personally inform the election officer assigned to your community of your desire to apply for registration (municipal hall or barangay hall. Don’t forget to bring a valid ID with signature and photograph.
- Fill out the application form.
- Provide the election officer with your biometric information. (Digital image, finger print and signature)
- Receive your acknowledgement receipt. Do not lose this receipt as this proves that you are registered as a voter
- Wait for the confirmation that your application has been approved.
Qualified Applicants to Register
- Filipino citizen
- At least eighteen (18) years of age
- A resident of the Philippines for at least 1 year
- A resident of the place wherein he proposes to vote for at least 6 months immediately preceding the election
- Not otherwise disqualified by law
Note: Deadline of registration is on October 31, 2012
Register now! Your vote can make a change. Your vote can make thousands of exploited and unemployed nurses turn into a reputable employed nurse. Your vote can make a quality health services for Filipino people.