The Red Cap Movement was recently launched and getting viral on the social media. This campaign aims to create public awareness, and influence legislators, policy makers and implementers to:
- address the worsening healthcare condition of our country through
- provision of adequate health facilities (barangay health stations, main health centers, hospitals), equipment and supplies to address the health needs of our growing population
- creation of additional regular plantilla items for nurses and other health workers in health centers, main health centers, clinics in public schools, and public hospitals in accordance to WHO/DOH staffing standards.
- enactment of laws upgrading the salaries of nurses and other health workers, commensurate to a living wage prescribed by the constitution
- implementation and provision of adequate funding for the benefits of public health workers prescribed by RA 7305
- improvement and implementation of standards on occupational health and safety