Sponsored Ad

After the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) released the announcement of full implementation of the revised Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program on 2017, I have been receiving lots of questions from registered Filipino professionals who are currently working abroad. They are worried how could they renew their license since it would be difficult for them to get CPD units abroad and most training providers overseas ar not accredited by PRC.


Based on the matrix for CPD units provided by PRC, OFWs can still earn CPD units even if they are abroad. Registered and licensed OFW professionals can take self-directed learnings offered by non-accredited CPD providers (either face to face or online) and such other activities to be recommended by the CPD council and approved by the board and the commission. In this case, credit unirs to be earned will be evaluated first by the CPD council.


In addition to that, academic track can also be used for CPD units. Earned academic units of registered professionals who took master’s degree and doctorate degree can be used for license renewal though this shall only be credited once during the compliance period.