The Commission on Higher Education (CHEd) ordered closure of 83 schools, colleges, and universities offering nursing programs starting June 2013 due to failure to comply with the standards set by the commission. List of those nursing schools to be closed are not yet announced.
Some of this nursing schools already expressed their intention to voluntarily phase out their nursing courses or programs due to poor enrollment and they can no longer support the operations of the program.
As per CHEd, nursing programs are considered “substandard” if less than 30 percent of their graduates have “passed the licensure exams in the last three years or if they lack competent faculty and facilities such as training hospital, laboratories, and libraries.”
It was also clarified that only the nursing courses or programs in these schools, colleges, and universities are “ordered phased out and not the entire school.” The closing of nursing program ordered by the CHEd Commission en banc would be effective starting this school year, 2013-2014.
- list of nursing schools to be closed by ched
- nursing schools closed by ched
- ched closed nursing schools
- philippine nursing schools for closure
- list of nursing schools closed by ched
- ched- olfu list of closure of nursing school 2014?
- list of closed nursing school in the philippines with
- nursing school accredited in ched
- nursing school not accredited by CHEDs
- ched accredited school 2013